WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
All employees of non-university tenants of the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center (VTCRC) will be eligible to obtain university identification cards signifying an affiliation with Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University. VTCRC tenant employees become ineligible to obtain a VTCRC Hokie Passport identification card/debit card if they are taking classes on campus.
HOW TO GET YOURS:
- Print and complete sections 1 and 2 of the Hokie Passport application
- Process the application through the proper channels in their office for signatures
- Submit it to the VTCRC Administrative Office
After approval by VTCRC administration, the applicant will be given a copy of the application to take to the Hokie Passport office, located in the VT Student Services Building on Washington Street.
All identification cards issued to VTCRC tenant employees will bear a stamp that will be placed under the laminated coating that says "CRC." This designation will make it possible for vendors and departments to differentiate between VTCRC tenant-employees and university employees if certain services cannot be provided to non-university employees. For instance, there are certain restrictions on the sale of computer equipment and software to non-university tenants of the VTCRC by the University Bookstore.
WHY THEY'RE GREAT:
Hokie Passports enhance the research opportunities of VT faculty and the employment of its students and graduates by strengthening the ties between existing tenants of the VTCRC and the university. By providing the employees of the center's tenants with access to university services, they increase the likelihood that the VTCRC will be able to attract and retain research-related corporations in the future.
The passport can be used for various privileges as described below:
- VT Newman Library and other campus libraries – use of comprehensive research library with over 1.7 million volumes that receives over 16,000 periodicals. Accessible ONLY at Tillerman Coffee Co. located at the VTCRC.
- VT War Memorial Gymnasium – facilities provided for swimming, racquetball, basketball, volleyball, and weight rooms at faculty/staff rates. McComas privileges are not included.
- Blacksburg Transit System – free use serving all points in the Blacksburg area as well as the Two-Town Trolley providing bus service to and from neighboring Christiansburg.
- VT Outdoor Tennis Courts – use of the courts beside Cassell Coliseum.
- University Bookstore and Volume II Bookstore – discounts on all supplies and trade books excluding computer equipment and software. Due to the language in educational software license agreements, only university employees are eligible to purchase software at the University Bookstore at educational prices.
Note: This list is not intended to be all-inclusive and is subject to change.