OUR STORY: Born out of a need to translate Virginia Tech research to commercial potential, the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center (VTCRC) was established in Blacksburg in 1985. Since then, it has been home to over 750 premier organizations with a common goal to disrupt industries. Today, with operations across Virginia, the research park continues to be a destination for growth and a space with purpose.
MISSION & VISION
- Our mission is to create space with purpose where innovators have access to unparalleled resources, partnerships and opportunities for growth.
- A world where big thinkers turn ideas into impact.
The Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center is a destination for breakthroughs where organizations come to advance their research and disrupt industries. Tenants of the park have access to sophisticated infrastructure including flexible labs, office space and amenities. In addition to unparalleled resources, we provide connections to industry leaders and concierge-level support to corporations and growing businesses alike. At the VTCRC, organizations thrive in our community designed for intellectual curiosity.
VALUES (OUR CULTURE)
➔ Community: The VTCRC cultivates a vibrant community of creative individuals that support one another.
➔ Curiosity: The VTCRC embraces intellectual curiosity and encourages the desire to grow and learn.
➔ Collision: The VTCRC promotes the collision of ideas and innovators to disrupt industries.
For disruptors with a hunger for collaboration and innovation, the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center is a destination for breakthroughs. The VTCRC offers unmatched resources and amenities for businesses to thrive. Our facilities cater to visionaries seeking to unlock new market potential. At its core, the VTCRC is a community where ideas collide and milestones are achieved daily.
- At the VTCRC we value differences, and are committed to building a community of inclusion where everyone is accepted, appreciated and supported. The VTCRC seeks to bring together top talent to advance research and disrupt industries.
- To provide space with purpose that drives a culture of winning.
BRAND VOICE (OUR PERSONALITY)
- Professional: The VTCRC’s voice is professional and therefore credible. With many years of experience growing businesses, their tone reflects deep knowledge and understanding of entrepreneurship and established businesses.
- Bold: Just as their tenants are, the VTCRC’s voice is bold. They communicate with intention, and seek to inspire big ideas.
- Supportive: The VTCRC’s voice is helpful and supportive. The VTCRC is genuine in their mission to support their tenants and enable success, and this shines through every interaction with external partners.
- Energetic: The VTCRC’s voice is energizing and dynamic. They create excitement around the VTCRC brand, energizing individuals to join the VTCRC by choosing vibrant and impactful language.
BYLINE (OUR OFFERINGS)
- An enterprise where businesses and entrepreneurs have access to resources, amenities and networking opportunities.
- VTCRC is a for-profit wholly-owned, private subsidiary of the Virginia Tech Foundation, and is, therefore, not a state entity. Created in July 1985, its first building was completed in 1988.