2020 Summer Intern
Are you an Accounting major looking to expand your knowledge and expertise in public accounting? If so, Brown Edwards is the place for you!
Brown Edwards enables students to work alongside successful accounting professionals, allowing them hands-on opportunity to learn, develop, and prepare for their own career. Not to mention, it's paid!
Our Audit Teams will require some additional support during the summer, and as a 2020 Summer Intern, you will assist with this work.
What Your Day Looks Like:
- Review the adequacy of client's internal control systems, may document the system for our files, and perform testing to verify the accuracy of data provided.
- Import data from client’s files to our workpaper files.
- Learn to use accounting and tax software.
- Develop an understanding of internal CPA practices.
- Develop an understanding of teamwork within a work environment.
What You Need to be an Intern:
- Accounting major who intends to begin a career in public accounting.
- A student in your junior or senior year, with at least one section of Intermediate Accounting already successfully passed.
- GPA of 3.0 and higher.
- Availability of 15-20 hours per week during spring semester is preferred.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines, multi-task, and possess critical thinking skills.
- Aspiring to obtain CPA certification.
- Willingness and desire to learn more about public accounting.
- Demonstrate initiative, career-oriented intensity, above average Excel/IT skills, and professionalism.
Quality : Integrity : Professionalism : Enthusiasm
EEOGo back to all careers