Full-Time, Annual Salary: $35,000 - $45,000 (Dependent upon Experience)
Email Resumes to: email@example.com
Accounting Associate Responsibilities:
- Enter financial data into the Company's accounting software
- Draft invoices, purchase orders, quotes, budgets, and other business documents
- Answer phones and coordinate operational activities as needed
- Prepare Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable reports
- Ensure all Company expenses are properly recorded
- Ensure all employee timesheets are submitted on time and acceptable for invoicing and payroll purposes
- Manage the Company's file keeping of archived documents
- Assist in preparation of company tax returns and other tax documents required by the government
- Assist with Company self-audits
- Assist with ad hoc reports such as project profitability, cashflow summaries, customer account statements, etc.
- Ensure receipts are submitted and properly cataloged
- Maintain Company protocol for ensuring finances are compliant with DCAA requirements
- Approve PTO requests and ensure accuracy of PTO balances
- Manage the Company's internal meetings
- Manage functionality of the Company's timekeeping platform
- Various administrative duties
Accounting Associate Requirements:
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an accounting role.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite.
- Experience with QuickBooks is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills. Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and quickly changing environment.
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills, and attention to detail.
8 Paid Holidays
3 Weeks PTO
Alacran specializes in project management, defense materiel, and logistics. Our clientele includes manufacturers of all sizes, as well as US and foreign government agencies. Alacran operates out of the Corporate Research Center at Virginia Tech.
https://www.alacraninc.com/Go back to all careers