VPT, Inc. is seeking a dynamic power electronics engineer with a passion for applications and working with customers to solve both common and complex challenges. The successful candidate will be a key team member supporting our global customer base and will have the ability to convey complex technical subjects in written and/or verbal forms as required by the situation. Interfacing with our valued customers, as well as the Sales & Marketing team, Design Engineering team, and Quality Assurance to solve problems are a daily part of this position.
In this role, the successful candidate will also work with the Sales and Marketing team to develop application tools that can be used by our customers. These may include application notes, white papers, technical articles, lab videos, etc. The candidate will work closely with marketing to ensure these application tools are easily accessible via our website or internal distribution to the sales team.
This position is located at our Blacksburg, VA headquarters.
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Analog and power electronics experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Systematic approach to problem solving and organization
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% of the time
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where multiple priorities are a part of the daily routine
- Highly motivated, self-starter with strong attention to detail
- US Person
- Experience with a Military or Commercial Aerospace organization
- Experience with DC-DC power conversion applications
- Experience with simulation tools
- Experience writing technical publications
VPT, Inc offers an excellent benefits package upon full-time hire; including health and dental insurance, 401K, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts and paid time off. Salary will be discussed with applicant and is dependent upon experience.
VPT, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/VET/Disability EmployerGo back to all careers