Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Blacksburg-US-VA-Blacksburg
Requisition ID: 200276
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and
decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Intuitive Surgical designs and manufactures highly complex systems for use in surgery. The Production Technician is responsible for supporting the Blacksburg, VA manufacturing line.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Produce mechanical, electrical, and fiber optic assemblies on a manufacturing line
• Conduct testing of fiber optic assemblies
• Closely follow documented assembly and test processes
• Conduct basic troubleshooting of manufacturing issues
• Support experiments lead by manufacturing engineering
• Document test results using paper and electronic means (Word, Excel, SAP)
• Perform SAP transactions related to manufacturing
• Work with engineering to improve assembly and manufacturing methods
• Follows all corporate, safety and production procedures and regulations
Skills, Experience, Education & Training:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• AA or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school a plus
• Previous manufacturing experience with ERP and/or document control systems a plus
• Proficiency with computers, including Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Previous experience with ISO 9001, ISO 13485, or similar QMS preferred
• Hands-on technician with the proven ability to work well in a team environment
• Good communication and documentation skills
• Attention to detail with focus on quality
• Fiber optic experience preferred
• Soldering experience a plus
Go back to all careers
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.