Cloud Engineer Apprentice
Job Title: Cloud Engineer Apprentice
Location: Blacksburg, Virginia
Clearance Required: Able to pass Contractor Public Trust Suitability Background Investigation; U.S. Citizenship required.
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group is a leading FedRAMP authorized managed service provider in the public and private sector market that delivers innovative IT solutions by leveraging our Enterprise IT Operations Center (EITOC) and on-customer-premise resources to provide 24x7 support of complex IT infrastructure environments, customer end users, and mission critical systems.
We deliver cloud, cyber security, and enterprise scale managed services to transition customers from traditional on-premise IT infrastructure and support models to hybrid cloud solutions that improve performance and reduce costs.
Founded in 2009, we proudly support customers that span federal, state, and local governments, including law enforcement and criminal justice agencies, and commercial markets. Customers benefit from our 24x7 Cloud Factory with FedRAMP authorization, ISO9001 certification, and CMMI Level 3 appraisals.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
This position is part of the 1901 Group’s cloud talent growth Pathways program. The Pathways program was established to provide Information Technology (IT) career options for entry level, experienced, and leadership candidates interested in high-tech, cloud focused work.
The Pathways program will provide the focused time, necessary resources, and structured plan to enable participants to obtain and expand AWS-specific cloud knowledge and professional experience, while achieving AWS Certifications respective to each talent growth path.
This job includes an 8-week training curriculum culminating with obtaining an associate level, AWS cloud certification, which leads to hands-on, cloud engineering work at the intermediate experience level. The 8-week training curriculum is comprised of: a) online, self-paced training, b) in-person classrom training, c) individual research projects, and d) hands-on, IT project and program training. Graduation from the 8-week program is designed to lead to full-time (for non-student) or part-time (for student) employment.
- Independent learning
- Team/group learning
- Research, analysis, and technical writing
- Presentation of analysis and technical findings
- Work independently and as part of a team in a rapid paced environment
- Assist cloud architects with design, implementation, operations, and continual improvement of cloud services
- Assist cloud architects and project managers with cloud migration readiness assessments
- Assist cloud architects and project managers with cloud migration readiness planning
- Assist cloud architects and project managers with application migration
- Support system/service monitoring and management activities
- Support incident management, reporting, and compliance activities
- Other cloud and IT related activities as determined
- The ideal candidate will be inquisitive and highly interested in cloud services and IT service delivery
- The ideal candidate will work well independently and as part of a larger team/group
- The ideal candidate will communicate well in writing and verbally
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment known for rapid speed of technology change
- Knowledge of ITIL framework, practices and processes
- Microsoft Office tools proficiency, primarily Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Project, as well as, basic understanding of cloud services network, compute, storage, and security
- Excellent attention to detail and follow-through
- Familiarity with DEV/OPS and DEV/SEC/OPS concepts
- Familiarity with YAML / JSON
- Familiarity with ITIL
- Familiarity with ISO and CMMI
- Familiarity with FedRAMP, FISMA, PCI-DSS, and HIPAA
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree, but will consider candidates currently working towards a degree
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.Go back to all careers