Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center
Virginia Tech Foundation, Inc. - Blacksburg, VA 24060
Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center Inc. (VTCRC), a subsidiary of the Virginia Tech Foundation, Inc., seeks an individual to manage COgro (CRC’s new coworking community) and coordinate all contract documents related to VTCRC renovations and new construction.
- Be the first point of contact for COgro.
- Introduce members to each other and encourage collaboration.
- Provide content used in monthly communications, and create a productive environment where members can have a tight sense of community.
- Do what it takes to make the COgro a special place for members.
- This means making coffee, refilling copier, keeping environment clean, comfortable and running smoothly, and ensuring all AV is working.
- COgro will host several special events each month.
- This position will be a part of the team that creates events.
- Promote events, set up rooms and refreshments, greet guests and make sure everyone has a great time.
- Give tours, sign-up new members and orient them to COgro community.
- Follow-up on leads and provide prospective members the information they need to make the decision to join COgro.
- Set up new member accounts, website profiles and assist with move-ins and move-outs.
- Assist with special projects related to COgro.
Construction Projects Contract Administration:
- Assist in the preparation, review, and administration of contractual bids related to renovation and construction projects (“Projects”).
- Assist with the review and negotiation of revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements.
- Coordinate with VTF Legal and outside counsel for review of renovation and construction documents.
- Coordinate paperwork related to contracts.
- Track all invoices related to Projects.
- Monitor Project budget to ensure costs do not exceed approved funding.
- Monitor documents during construction projects to ensure compliance with contract clauses.
- Receive and answer requests for information that pertain to the contracts, such as clarification of clauses.
Qualifications: Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, ability to make members feel comfortable and supported and to foster connections between members. Strong work ethic, ambitious and entrepreneurial spirit; Ability to work independently with limited supervision; Demonstrated judgment and problem-solving ability; Robust/active online presence and familiarity with social media (twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.); Creative, out of the box thinker; valid driver’s license. College degree required.
Preferred Qualifications: Prior experience in hospitality, retail, customer service, business operations, project management or sales experience; construction contract administration experience, working knowledge of the Virginia Tech Foundation and/or related corporations. Degree required.
To Apply: Submit letter of interest, names/addresses/phone numbers of three professional references, resume and salary history to the Virginia Tech Foundation, Inc., Attn: Human Resources Manager. For more information, please visit the VTCRC website at www.vtcrc.com.
Review of applications begins immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Includes a highly competitive benefits package, Pay Band 3. Virginia Tech Foundation, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-timeGo back to all careers