Copy Writer (part-time)
Upload your resume at https://www.jobastudio.com/careers
You’re a strong writer and a fierce editor. You understand that words have power; you know how easily a sentence can be transformed just by moving a comma and changing a word. Words flow from your fingertips as easily as breathing. Picking the right words, composing that killer phrase, molding and shaping the copy until it’s a masterpiece: that’s not just what you do, it’s what you love.
You work best in a community, when you’re not the only creative around, where you can trade ideas and talk through your roadblocks. You thrive in a workspace that transcends traditional boundaries of creative mediums, where you’ll sit next to a visual designer, across from an industrial designer, and diagonal to a marketing associate. You can stand on your own, and you know when to ask for help.
What else you got? With at least 3-4 years of professional writing experience or equivalent degree, you have:
- Experience writing blog posts, social media posts, press releases, and email newsletters;
- Refined research skills, and a willingness to learn about fields with which you may be unfamiliar, such as healthcare, hard sciences, hospitality industries, and local history;
- Understanding of social media platforms, including audience demographics, best practices, and algorithm basics.
- Exceptional editing and proofreading capabilities;
- Adaptability and flexibility in writing and in workflow;
- Self-starter with good problem solving skills and a strong desire to learn;
- Creative, highly motivated, and a quick learner;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Project management experience;
- Proficient in Google Suite.
And it would be cool if you have:
- Experience using social media management tools such as Hootsuite and Buffer;
- Experience with Facebook Business, Ads Manager, and Google Analytics;
- Experience working for small businesses, agencies, or design studios;
- A willingness to help coworkers grow as writers;
- Ping pong playing skills (or at least a willingness to try);
- Salary commensurate with experience;
- Benefits include:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Paid Company Holidays
- Corporate discounts
- Generous Vacation and Sick days
- Professional Development Budget
- Great coffee and company sponsored outings/meals