Electrical Design Engineer
VPT, Inc., a global leader in providing power conversion solutions for use in avionics, military, space, and industrial applications, has several immediate openings for Electrical Design Engineers, located in their Blacksburg, Virginia office. As an electrical design engineer, you will be involved through the entire design cycle and into production. You will work directly with a team of engineers proving compliance for harsh military or space applications.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design DC-DC power converters for a high reliability market
- Work with a team of design engineers to test and prove compliance for new designs
- Design fixtures and test circuits to accurately simulate military specifications
- Keep abreast of state-of-the-art technologies and perform competitive bench marking
- Provide technical support for production issues, failure analysis and problem resolution
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze and test power electronic circuits
- Familiarity with lab equipment, including oscilloscope, function generator, frequency response analyzer, EMI test receiver
- Lab experience in power electronics
- Highly motivated, self-starter with strong personal integrity and attention to detail
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- US Person required
VPT offers an excellent benefits package upon full-time hire including health and dental insurance, 401K, disability insurance, life insurance, flexible spending accounts and paid time off.
Salary will be discussed with applicant and is dependent upon experience.
VPT, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/VET/Disability EmployerGo back to all careers