Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
The Electrical Engineer will work with a group of talented and dedicated people focused on the development and integration of fiber optic shape sensing in medical robotics. The successful candidate will contribute to the research and engineering of the next generation shape sensing platform as well as provide support to existing products.
As a member of the engineering team, you will work closely with other engineers in the design and development of new firmware and electronics, as well as the enhancement of existing designs. The successful candidate must excel in a small focused team environment, be able to find solutions to problems from rough requirements and have a commitment to high product quality.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support root cause analysis and issue resolution for existing product hardware
- Design and implement electronics to support manufacturing fixtures
- Assist with prototype development and testing efforts
- Create and execute V&V protocols for PCAs
- Design, implement and test FPGA firmware
- Support and modify existing FPGA firmware
- Develop and support firmware testbenches
- Collaborate with team members to resolve issues and implement hardware changes
- Contribute to the definition, requirements & specifications of future designs
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
The candidate must have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of experience developing electronics and firmware
- Experience coding VHDL and/or Verilog
- Experience with Xilinx FPGAs and Tools
- Experience testing and troubleshooting hardware and firmware
- Prior experience in the following areas are optional but desirable:
- Experience with PCIe Interfaces
- Experience driving stepper and DC motors
- Experience with NI LabVIEW
- Experience with C/C++
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.