Marketing and Outreach Coordinator
The Blacksburg Partnership
THE BLACKSBURG PARTNERSHIP
MARKETING AND OUTREACH COORDINATOR
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Blacksburg Partnership has a full time opening for the position of Marketing and Outreach Coordinator. This position is responsible for assisting with the planning and coordination of projects and programs that advance the mission of the organization and promote Blacksburg as a destination.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Applicants should have considerable knowledge and experience in marketing strategy and project management, excellent written and oral communications skills; graphic design capabilities; the ability to work independently; and the ability to lead and coordinate the Partnership internship program.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Hospitality and Tourism, or related field is required. A minimum of one to three years similar work experience preferred.
Outreach and Communications
- Designing advertisements and other materials to not only sell Blacksburg as a destination, but to demonstrate the value of the Blacksburg Partnership to its investors
- Using Social Media to promote Partnership initiatives and programs
- Developing content for news releases, brochures and other public relations materials
- Maintaining and creating content for several Blacksburg Partnership websites, and developing a marketing strategy for the sales related sites. These websites include: www.stepintoblacksburg.org; www.gobbledeart.org; www.blacksburgforkandcork.com; and www.blacksburgbrewdo.com
- Assisting with the planning and execution of the major festivals and events of the Partnership.
- Assisting with the initiative to recruit and retain young professionals in the Blacksburg area. Includes planning and coordinating social and professional development events.
Gobble de Art and Community Art
- Serving as project coordinator for the Gobble de Art program, assisting with the promotion and development of sales items and helping to create a revenue stream for organizational operations.
- Supporting the efforts of the Blacksburg Partnership Collaborative for the Arts, under the direction of the President.
- Assisting with all other general administrative duties of a small non-profit organization.
This work frequently requires sitting and occasionally requires standing, walking, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching with hands and arms, pushing or pulling and lifting up to 30 pounds; work occasionally requires exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
Valid driver's license in the Commonwealth of Virginia, with a satisfactory driving record.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Starting salary of $31,000 to $33,000, based on experience. Competitive benefit package. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references, and examples of graphic design experience to: The Blacksburg Partnership, 506 S. Main Street, Blacksburg, VA 24060, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Links to graphic design examples acceptable.
The deadline to apply is 5:00 pm on Monday, December 9, 2019.
The Blacksburg Partnership is a non-profit, independent economic development organization focused on projects that attract visitors and retail prospects. Partnership projects include the development of property, revitalization of retail districts, special events, and community arts endeavors such as Gobble de Art and the Collaborative for the Arts. The Partnership is also known for two signature events that take place every year: Blacksburg Fork and Cork, a food, wine, and art extravaganza and Blacksburg Brew Do, a craft beer festival.Go back to all careers