Marketing & Events Assistant
The Blacksburg Partnership
THE BLACKSBURG PARTNERSHIP
MARKETING & EVENTS ASSISTANT
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Under the direction of the President, the Marketing & Events Assistant is responsible for assisting with the planning and coordination of projects and marketing programs that advance the mission of the organization and promote Blacksburg as a destination. The position is part-time, twenty-five hours per week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Outreach and Marketing
- Creating advertisements and other materials to not only sell Blacksburg as a destination, but to demonstrate the value of the Blacksburg Partnership to its investors.
- Utilizing Social Media to promote Partnership initiatives and programs.
- Developing news releases, brochures and other public relations materials.
- Assisting in the maintenance and creation of content for several Blacksburg Partnership websites, and developing a marketing strategy for the sales related sites.
- Assisting with planning and executing the major festivals and events of the Partnership.
2. Gobble de Art
- Serving as project coordinator for the Gobble de Art program, assisting with the promotion of existing products and development of new ones; helping to create a revenue stream for organizational operations.
3. Signature Events
- Working collaboratively with Partnership staff and planning committees to create and execute special events aimed at promoting Partnership goals and generating revenue to support operations. These events include the Blacksburg Fork and Cork, Food, Wine, and Art festival, the Virginia Cheese Fest Farm to Table Dinner and the Blacksburg Brew Do, Craft Beer Festival, in addition to numerous smaller events throughout the year.
4. General Administrative
- Assisting with all other general administrative duties as assigned by the President and the Director of Marketing & Events.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Applicants should have knowledge and experience in marketing strategy and project management, excellent written and oral communications skills, a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and the ability to work independently. The successful candidate must also be able to interact with the public and other customers in a professional manner.
An Associate’s Degree with classes in marketing or communications is required, plus a minimum of one to three years’ related work experience. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, Hospitality and Tourism, or related field is preferred. Hiring range of $14 - $16 per hour, based on qualifications.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Diane Akers, President, The Blacksburg Partnership, 506 S. Main Street, Blacksburg, VA 24060 or to firstname.lastname@example.org.Go back to all careers