Hurt & Proffitt
An integral part of our Engineering Services division, this full-time position will execute on the following critical aspects of our business:
- Analyzes and executes calculations using various project-related software systems for traffic, hydraulics, hydrologic, land development municipal and environmental engineering projects.
- Analyzes survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical and/or geologic data to complete design projects.
- Work closely with other engineers and project managers to ensure accuracy of project deliverables and timeliness of development.
- Helps estimate quantities and costs of materials, equipment or labor to develop estimated construction project costs for determination of project feasibility.
- Prepares project proposals and reports as necessary.
The ideal candidate for this position must have or be the following:
- A self-starter with an undergraduate education in a formal engineering discipline, preferably in civil engineering.
- Possess a can-do, team-player disposition, with a willingness to learn on the go.
- Possess or be willing to obtain shortly after hire a PE designation with Virginia DPOR. At a minimum, the candidate must have an EIT designation.
- Have preferably 2 to 3 years’ professional experience.
This position reports directly to our Engineering Directors and to the Vice President of Engineering in our Blacksburg office.
We value diversity, and are committed to hiring the best applicants for our engineering practice, and therefore we encourage minorities, women and other underserved groups to apply. If you are a qualified candidate, please forward your cover letter, completed application, resume and salary requirements.Go back to all careers