Senior Applications Engineer
“We are striving to make Vitech an extraordinary organization - both in internal environment and contributions to our industry. We view success - however one chooses to define it - not as an end unto itself, but as a natural result of the right people consistently doing the right things. We believe that we can achieve extraordinary business, personal, and professional success if we – as individuals and as a team – embrace the principle of “integration” that we advocate for our profession.” - from the Vitech Covenant as authored by our team
Vitech Corporation is entering a new and exciting phase in its 27-year history, and we are looking for talented and energetic individuals to join our team. With an increasing emphasis on model-based approaches, the engineering solution marketplace is moving towards Vitech strengths. The Senior Applications Engineer will not only have a front row seat to the digital transformation, but will also be challenged to positively affect the state-of-the-art of how complex systems are engineered.
Vitech is seeking an individual who is ready to contribute in a challenging and rapidly evolving environment where creativity, enthusiasm, and teamwork will drive continuing rewards. The Senior Applications Engineer is responsible for supporting multiple account executives in communicating the technical and business value of Vitech products and solutions to engineers, managers, and executives. The emphasis is the materials, demonstrations, and evaluations to mature sales opportunities into successful deployments. He/she will contribute to our mission by engaging prospects on technical issues, proposing the proper solution to meet their needs, facilitating their adoption of our solutions, and maintaining customer contact beyond the sale to assess evolving client needs. This is an evolving marketplace where success is founded on guiding clients thru the next adoption wave of model-based systems engineering (MBSE).
Beyond the direct responsibilities of the Senior Applications Engineer role, working at Vitech affords all team members the opportunity to contribute across the company – product definition, methodology, customer interaction, and beyond. This is an opportunity to escape bureaucratic environments to make a difference in an organization with a global impact.
The Senior Applications Engineer will need to travel as required to work with customers across North America. Some international travel may also be required to share Vitech’s methodology and approaches at industry events and in support of global customers and value-added resellers.
Responsibilities include developing and supporting specific territory and account plans, identifying and qualifying candidate customers, and providing customer presentations, both in-person and via remote web session. To thrive at Vitech, an Applications / Sales Engineer must:
- Identify solution-based value propositions utilizing Vitech’s GENESYS MBSE software platform, and generate materials and examples that resonate within engineering enterprises. The efforts will encompass the full range of systems engineering domains; requirements engineering, behavioral decomposition, logical architecture development, physical architecture trade-off analysis, and verification/validation.
- Confidently manage technical discussions and projects across the spectrum of detailed design engineering disciplines; electrical, mechanical, software and others as required. Interoperability with all forms of design tools in partnership with other engineering tool suppliers is of increasing importance, and deep comprehension of the best-known methods to interface our systems design software with other design tools will become game-changing.
- Serve as a resource to customers and other sales team members, aspiring to become a trusted advisor and advocate, and seeking to position both internal and external customers to successfully apply our approaches.
- Engage corporate resources – including professional services, support, marketing, and the executive team – to strengthen the message that best connects with a given client or set of clients.
- Collaborate with our marketing team and contribute intellectual resources including blogs, webinars, white papers, and website content to expand our market.
- Serve as a liaison between customers and our product and customer care teams to report feedback, provide appropriate support for technical issues, and impact the future direction of Vitech products and services.
- Have an entrepreneurial style and drive, being proactive to build user trust and deploy the Vitech solution to address our clients’ needs.
The successful Senior Applications Engineer will possess:
- An engineering degree from an accredited college with 5+ years of professional experience;
- Prior systems engineering / system architecting / model-based systems engineering experience on commercial, military, and/or aerospace projects;
- Engineering design and services support experience in an engineering marketplace;
- A proven ability to multitask and follow-through, working with and tracking multiple projects of different scope and maturity across multiple organizations;
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills; and
- High goal orientation, attention to detail, passion for sophisticated customer engagements, and superior listening skills.
The following experience – while optional – will help position you for immediate success:
- Prior experience with systems and/or software engineering tools;
- Experience applying DoDAF and other architecture frameworks to processes and procedures;
- Familiarity with SysML and UPDM;
- Experience with federal government sales and acquisition (direct government sales and/or government contractor sales);
- Specific experience working in the defense / military-aerospace market, whether working directly with government customers or contractors and integrators.
For almost three decades, Vitech has helped organizations raise their systems engineering proficiency through a tailored combination of training, services, and software. By engaging with Vitech, organizations around the globe increase their productivity, enhance agility, and reduce project risk.
Unlike siloed approaches and products that mask critical context and system interactions, Vitech’s approach and its GENESYS™ and CORE™ software embrace the holistic aspects of systems engineering. These solutions enable teams to clearly capture and address systems concerns from problem identification through requirements, architecture, and test in an integrated model, managing the critical interrelationships to guarantee consistency and design integrity. The result is a team empowered to engineer with confidence, free to focus on creativity, innovation, and analysis to effectively deliver against stakeholder needs.
2270 Kraft Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24060