Senior Microsoft Systems Administrator Level II
Job Title: Sr. Microsoft Systems Administrator Level II
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Clearance Required: Eligibility for a Government Public Trust (SF-85) background investigation (US Citizenship required)
***This position is contingent upon contract award***
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Sr. Microsoft Systems Administrator will support 1901 Group, an innovative provider of information technology (IT) managed services, and its’ customers through the analysis, design, and implementation of a variety of IT infrastructure initiatives. Typical responsibilities will include Microsoft Windows 2008R2/2012R2/2016, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010/2013 and server/storage virtualization deployments. A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent networking and technical skills, proficiency with the design, implementation and support of Microsoft solutions, integration of enterprise server, storage, network, and virtualization components, and exhibit strong project management and communication.
- Design, implementation and administration of Windows 2008r2/2012r2/2016, MS-Azure, Microsoft Exchange, and Active Directory
- Implement, install and recommend technologies including database, systems management, server virtualization, network storage and security
- Strong understanding of Client/Server Architecture and how to securely deploy internally and externally
- Evaluate and architect network, server and storage architecture plans
- Technical writing for both system integration and transition to operations teams
- Work in hybrid multi-location operations team administering existing production network
- 7+ years substantiated successful Microsoft systems engineering (Windows 2008r2/2012r2/2016, with a progressive record of successful delivery of complex technical systems and/or services.
- Design, implementation and administration Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, and Active Directory and Azure AD
- Strong background in networking (Firewalls, Cisco routers/switches, network protocols, VPN…)
- Network storage (SAN, NAS, Backup) experience
- Proven experience with VMware and MS Hype-V Server Virtualization
- PowerShell and SQL scripting expertise
- Must have excellent organizational, collaboration, and project management skills
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to engage, motivate and mentor team members
- Proven experience interfacing with key stakeholders and customers
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven ability to creatively solve business/technology problems efficiently and
- Ability to readily and easily switch gears in response to unexpected events and circumstances.
- Must be a self-starter and detail oriented.
- Ability to provide coverage for core hours (8a to 6p) and occasional work on nights and weekends may be required during maintenance periods.
- Experience with MS Azure Cloud environment
- Experience with the AWS Cloud environment
- Experience with unified communication such as Lync and Skype for Business a plus
- Experience with Linux and/or Unix
- Familiarity with SCCM and SCOM a plus
- Familiarity with Solaris configuration and administration
- The following certifications are a plus: CCNA, MCTIP
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
Selected applicants will be subject to a background investigation. Individual’s primary workstation is located in an office area with overhead lighting. The noise level in this environment is low to moderate. Regularly required to sit for extended periods up to 80% of time; frequently required to move about to access file cabinets and use office equipment such as PC, copier, fax, telephone, cell phone, etc. Occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 10 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include use of computer monitor screens up to 80% of time.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.Go back to all careers