As a Manager at Brown Edwards you will help monitor, develop, train, and fully utilize staff members while ensuring timely completion of assigned responsibilities. Our Managers exercise good judgment and communication skills to earn the confidence of clients staff. Managers often have primary client responsibility. Although exceptions can be made with approval of Human Resources and the Managing Partner, being a CPA is a requirement for the Manager position.
What Your Day Looks Like:
- Direct engagements including timeline, budget, schedule, and Associates' Reviews; and prepare workpapers.
- Manage internal job scheduling.
- Assure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Assist with research and planning according to the current laws and/or Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Evaluate the tax impact of current and proposed activities and transactions.
- Assist clients with strategies to minimize tax liabilities in accordance with current tax laws.
- Support the Partners and Directors with audits by outside regulatory agencies.
- Train and supervise Senior Associates, In-Charge Associates, and Associates.
- Has substantial interaction with clients.
- Assist in the billing process.
- May be responsible for several jobs at one time.
- Participate in proposals and other practice development/marketing activities.
What You Need for This Role:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- 7+ years of public accounting or similar experience.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation required.
- Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Highly motivated with strong work ethic and a team player.
- Willing to stay up to date through continuing education and continuous reading of professional journals.
- Proficiency with accounting technology systems and software (e.g. Engagement, Practice Management, ProStaff, Adobe, Microsoft Excel, etc.).
- Ability to supervise and train.
- Ability to interact well with clients.
- Ability to work on more than one job at a time.
- Involved in community/business associations.
What You Can Expect from Us:
- Full benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, FSA and HSA, and 401K retirement savings
- Competitive salary and annual evaluations with compensation adjustment opportunity
- Firm-wide Recognition and Rewards platform to support our culture of year-round positive feedback and communication
- Profit Share program
- Flexible work arrangements with generous PTO
- “Dress for Your Day” policy
- Continuing Professional Education (CPE) program for all full time Associates
- Participation in professional and civic organizations is encouraged through membership dues reimbursement. Brown Edwards is proud to be deeply involved in many charitable organizations that give back to our communities.
Quality • Integrity • Professionalism • Enthusiasm • Innovation