VDI Engineer Level II
Job Title: VDI Engineer Level 2
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Clearance Required: Eligibility for a Security Clearance (US Citizenship required)
***This position is contingent upon contract award***
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB: 1901 Group is seeking an experienced VDI Engineer Level II to join our Platform Management team in Blacksburg, VA. The successful candidate will have a strong background in Windows Server administration, including building, configuring, managing, deploying, patching, and upgrading Windows 2008-2012 servers.
- Build, configure and maintain Windows 2008R2 and 2012 servers on physical and virtual hosts.
- Perform configuration, troubleshooting, and management of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, and file/print.
- Build and deploy Group Policy Objects to enforce desired enterprise behavior.
- Perform patch and security configuration activities to ensure servers and databases under management are properly secured and up to date.
- Monitor health, performance and operational trends to proactively identify issues before they become incidents.
- Perform daily health checks of Citrix environments
- Support Citrix XenServers , XenApp Servers, Citrix Netscaler appliance, Citrix Access Gateway policies and configurations and Citrix EdgeSight reporting and monitoring services.
- Troubleshoot Citrix issues ranging from hardware to operating systems/applications/permissions/user profile related issues
- Participate in a 24x7 on call rotation.
- 3+ years hands on technical experience administering Windows Server 2003, 2008R2, and/or 2012 (physical and virtual).
- Ability to understand the business and data environments of our current and potential customers and collaborate with a variety of technical and non-technical team members to arrive at comprehensive solutions.
- Demonstrated Strong Active Directory and Group Policy skills.
- Experience supporting Citrix infrastructure in large scale production environments
- Ability to work well with teams and individuals
- Ability to communicate well with Executives, Managers, Peers and Customers
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently solve problems
- Proven experience interacting with customers of all levels and ability to collaborate with a variety of technical and non-technical teams
- Ability and desire to think outside of the box, research, and share thoughts and ideas
- Experience with other Microsoft technologies such as Exchange, SharePoint, or Office 365
- Some experience with MS-SQL databases
- Windows PowerShell scripting
- A good understating of storage solution concepts
- Experience in Backup / Recovery solutions
- Some experience with Linux server administration
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
Desired: MCSA Windows Server 2012
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplaceGo back to all careers