Equipment Maintenance Technician
TechLab, Inc. develops, manufactures and distributes medical diagnostic tests. This company places emphasis on science and collaboration with universities. We are looking to add an Equipment Maintenance Technician to our team. The job of the Equipment Maintenance Technician is to diagnose and repair a variety of manufacturing and production related equipment. The Equipment Maintenance Technician can expect to keep inventory, order parts, and track inventory of spare parts. This job requires work with different assemblies and documentation of maintenance procedures. The Equipment Maintenance Technician will work from both the Blacksburg and Radford facilities and will report directly to Equipment Maintenance Manager.
An employee in this position can expect to perform the following duties:
• Repair and Troubleshooting of Allen Bradley PLC and Fanuc Robotic Systems.
• Keep inventory for spare parts that may be needed
• Source vendors and order necessary spare parts
• Perform building maintenance as needed
• Maintain PLC and HMI systems, frequency drives and automation electronics
• Perform in house calibrations on chart recorders, scales, temperature devices, and operating equipment
• Monitor equipment for both the building and manufacturing
• Assist with the design of new equipment to ensure functionality
• Perform lockout/tagout procedures
• Perform monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual preventative maintenance on machines
• Maintain production equipment performance
• Perform basic mathematical skills
• Perform wiring and wiring repair for equipment and facility as needed, working with low voltage AC and DC.
• Document all maintenance procedures performed on machines
• Wear appropriate personal protective equipment when performing machine maintenance
• Travel for training on new equipment
• Work with pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical assemblies
• Check and replace liquid nitrogen tanks when necessary
• Perform non-conformity investigations (NCR)
• Submit purchase orders
• On call rotation for after-hours Temperature, Humidity, and Generator Status Alarms
• Assist in the Revalidation, Operation and Design of manufacturing equipment
Tools and Equipment Used
Microsoft Office Suite
Power tools (Drill, saw, pallet jack, chop saw, band saw)
Hand tools (screwdriver, multi-meter, caliper)
Rockwell RS Logix Software Suites
TechLab maintains a climate-controlled environment for the job of Equipment Maintenance Technician. The Equipment Maintenance Technician can expect to work, occasionally, in cold or hot weather. An employee in this position must be able to lift upwards of 55lbs. A typical workday is Monday through Friday 8:00 to 4:30 or 8:30 to 5:00. Overtime is occasionally necessary with or without advance notice.
Associates Degree in related field; or
High School Diploma or equivalent + 3 years of relevant experience
Interested candidates should send a resume to email@example.com, Radford, Virginia 24141. EOE.