** For your reservation to be considered, we require at least 3-days notice of your designated event date. **
COVID-19 reservation update:
Pavilion and Amphitheater reservations: Tenants are required to comply as outlined by the Virginia Governor for Phase III
- Tenant use will be by reservation only.
- Meeting durations shall not exceed 4 hours.
- The maximum number of participants allowed shall be 75 (we are aware that phase III guidelines limit to 50% of occupancy or 250, whichever is less).
- All participants will be required to wear face coverings unless they have a health condition and if so, will be required to produce medical documentation verifying the stated condition.
- All participants will be required to practice social distancing and stay at least 6 feet away from other participants.
- Tenant shall make available, at a minimum, hand sanitizer for participant use.
- Participants shall not share the use of office equipment, supplies, or other items with other participants.
- Participants shall be permitted to bring their own food and beverages, but for individual consumption only. Caterers are approved.
- Tenant shall clean the area after use, remove and dispose of any trash, and disinfect high touch surface areas, as required.
- Tenant shall monitor and be responsible for participant compliance.
- Restroom use for events at the pavilion will be approved on a case by case basis (A $50 is charged regardless)
- Tenant shall post signage at the entrance that states that no one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, is permitted in the establishment.
- Social gatherings should not include close contact between gathering organizers, staff, and attendees not from the same household. Discontinue activities such as face-painting, temporary tattoo application, or audience participation with performers.
- Where applicable, organizers must create a participant flow plan of modified queue lines to and within the mass gathering. Determine areas likely to become bottlenecks or pinch points and adjust participant flow accordingly.
- Where applicable, install visible markers for queue lines that separate people by six feet of physical distance. Provide physical guides to seating areas including floor decals, colored tape, or signs to indicate where attendees should not sit, stand, or congregate. Sample markers are available in the VDH Business Toolkit.
- Designate a coordinator who will be responsible for identifying COVID-19 related issues and their impact on the gathering, including coordinating health preparedness for the event and emergency response planning.
- Use technology solutions where possible to reduce person-to-person interaction, including contactless payment and ticket scanning.
- Install physical barriers, such as sneeze guards and partitions, at staffed kiosks.
Additional Phase III guidelines can be found at https://www.vtcrc.com/resources/alert/
VTCRC tenants ONLY may reserve recreational areas as an exclusive benefit to your company. Requests need to be made at least two-weeks prior to your use date. Reservations for any of the areas may not be made more than three months in advance of your use date. If you have any questions or would like to inquire if we can accommodate your reservation, email or call Mary Heavener, Event Coordinator and Tenant Liaison, at 540-961-3600, ext. 2107.
- Basketball Court – If you want to get some exercise while having fun, the basketball court is just the right spot. Perfect for the lunch hour break or after hours to release the stresses of the day.
- Amphitheater – The views alone are spectacular. This space is perfect for your company picnic, social gatherings or if not in use, a great place to take in the fresh air while having lunch.
- Multipurpose Field – This field, with dimensions to accommodate a variety of sports, is ready to host your next outdoor event.
- Pavilion – Located in Phase II of the research park, the pavilion has restrooms and picnic tables. The location is perfect for company outings and is where our popular Food Truck Thursdays are held, you guessed it... on Thursdays!
- Volleyball Court – Bump, set and spike to your hearts content at our volleyball court, which makes a great team building location for your staff or if you have signed up to play in the VTCRC league, the court will become like a second home to you during the play season!
Other recreational/wellness options: Carilion Wellness | Sports Leagues