The VTCRC collaborates with product and service businesses to provide ALL VTCRC companies and employees exclusive BENEFITS and SAVINGS. If you are interested in learning more about our affiliate program, email Melissa Vidmar (Business Development and Communications Manager) by EMAIL.
FOR JULY 1, 2020 - JUNE 30, 2021
RENTAL CAR: Enterprise
Contact us for your VTCRC promo code when reserving! Please note drivers must be at least 21 years old.
- John Giudice, Branch Manager → John.D.Giudice@ehi.com | 540-382-7970
- Zach Midulla, Area Manager → Zach.Midulla@ehi.com | 804-489-0624
- Elizabeth Peters, Business Rental Sales Executive, Virginia Group → Elizabeth.G.Peters@ehi.com | 336-608-7611
What's the Enterprise Way? Taking care of our customers, our communities, our employees and our environment. To receive your exclusive perks and discounts (professionally or for personal use), when calling please identify yourself as a VTCRC employee. Don't forget pick up and drop off is located conveniently across the street at the Virginia Tech/Montgomery Executive Airport. At least 2-3 days' notice is preferred, but will try and accommodate all requests.
- Corporate discount program for travel originating in Virginia
- Rates valid at all enterprise locations in Virginia, excluding Northern Virginia
- Unlimited mileage in Virginia and surrounding states on certain car classes
- No charge for pick-up service
- No charge for additional drivers
- No charge for under 25 drivers
- Wide selection of sizes for new model vehicles
- Rates are also available for personal rentals
- Special discounts on rentals outside of the VTCRC
- 24 hour roadside assistance
- Location 1: Tech Center Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24060
Virginia Tech/Montgomery Executive Airport
- Location 2: 55 Ponderosa Drive, Christiansburg, VA 24073
A CEO PEER ADVISORY COUNCIL: LXCouncil
- As a valued tenant of the VTCRC an exclusive benefit to LXCouncil membership is waiver of our one-time initial fee valued between $250 - $500.
- LXC will also provide a 100% guarantee up to two months of participation or your monthly dues completely refunded. Monthly membership starts at $350 and up.
- Membership benefits are:
- Professionally led monthly meetings by a trained, experienced moderator Henry Bass, CEO of Automation Creations and VTCRC tenant, is the local moderator.
- Meeting styles vary in person (At National Bank) or virtually. In person meetings are held once a month for four hours and virtual meetings are held twice a month for two hours each.
- Access to National Bank resources and expertise on the economy and financial trends and risk management
- 1 Leadership Assessment (DISC): value $150
- CEO tools as introduced in the meetings: Example: Strategic Planning best practice tools and formats
- Annual social with all our members and spouses locally
- Access to all LXC members nationally: nearly 100 CEO’s and Leaders for insight and connections
- Receive “Sit Down!, Speak Up!, Cash In!” A CEO’s Guide to Peer Advisory Councils by the founder of LXCouncil, Tina Corner
- A quarterly achievement session is conducted one on one with each member
PROMOTIONAL PRODUCTS: Green-Eyed Designs
- Shirley Gillispie, President
- email@example.com | 540-357-3807
- Complimentary consultation and recommendations based on promotional products industry statistics, previous promotions and marketing goal
- Complimentary quotes
- Complimentary proofs via email
- Complimentary logo review to determine appropriateness for imprinting
- Complimentary assessment of digitized logo to determine appropriateness for embroidery
- Complimentary shipping on apparel orders totaling $250 or more from select suppliers with Green-Eyed Designs embroidery services
- Complimentary personal delivery of product samples to VTCRC companies and employee
- Up to two annual complimentary educational breakfast/lunch seminars on maximizing your promotional product dollars
- Opportunity to win a prize each quarter via game piece found in VTCRC park mailboxes. If your company does not have a park mailbox, instructions will be provided in The Weekly on how to win
- 10% discount on promotional products
- Complimentary imprint cost waived on one future promotional product order for the VTCRC company that purchases the most among all VTCRC research park companies during July – June affiliate year
* Some exclusions apply. Discounts do not apply to tax, shipping or any set up fee outside of those specified here.
FINANCIAL PLANNING: National Financial Services
- Josh Tessar M.B.A., Financial Advisor
- Email: Tessar_Josh@nlgroupmail.com or 540-818-1514
- 2000 Kraft Drive, Suite 1300, Blacksburg, VA 24060
- Provide personal delivery of information on NFS and services offered, to tenants by way of appointment with company leader(s).
- Offer complimentary seminars with food/beverage on an as needed basis exclusively for tenants and employees of the CRC. NFS will also offer WebEx Video Conferencing when approved by NFS Compliance.
BANKING: National Bank
- Wanda Sowers firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2280 Kraft Drive, Suite 1000 @ the VTCRC
- No minimum balance requirement
- No monthly fee
- First order of checks is free
- No fees from National Bank withdrawals, inquiries, or transfers at non-National Bank ATMs.
- Free mobile banking
- Free electronic statement delivery
- $25 minimum opening deposit
- Sponsor at least one of our events or programs, whether physical event or virtual. Levels vary and will be up to NB; possibilities include gift-in-kind in lieu of monies.
AUTO & HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE: Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Scott Vaught, Agent
Scott.Vaught@LibertyMutual.com | 540-315-5440
- Website: www.libertymutual.com/scottvaught
- Bill Gilmer, Owner
email@example.com | 540-382-9111
- 2200 Kraft Drive, Suite 2050 @ the VTCRC
- 10% discount on all products and services for current VTCRC tenants OR 10% less than any competitive offer, whichever is less. Competitive offer must be current and documented, with same specs, and apply to products/services that Wordsprint offers.
- Free marketing consultation: One 3-hour overview session, focusing on one or more of the following: strategic planning, branding review, database analysis, demographic targeting, customer survey development and/or return on investment calculator.
- Free flipping book file: Bring us a screen-optimized PDF of any publication (newsletter, annual report, instruction manual, employee handbook, etc.), WS will create a “flipping book” file for your website or for standalone use – includes page turning feature, key word search and hot links for email and website addresses. Limit one per client per year.
- Sponsor at least one of our events or programs, whether physical event or virtual. Levels vary and will be up to WS; possibilities include gift-in-kind in lieu of monies.
ACCOUNTING: Brown Edwards and Kevin Stieper
Mark Woolwine, CPA, Partner
- Email: mwoolwine@BECPAS.com or call 540-443-3606
- 1715 Pratt Drive, Suite 2700, Blacksburg, VA 24060
- R&D credit feasibility study – free 2-hour consultation
- Manufacturer’s 9% income exclusion study – free 2-hour consultation
- Pass through basis analysis for S Corp shareholders and partners – 20% discount
- Creation of electronic personal property book and tax depreciation records – 25% first year discount
Kevin Stieper, CPA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540-239-7439
- 2000 Kraft Drive, Suite 1103, Blacksburg, VA 24060
Free Initial Consultation for New Businesses at the VTCRC
Discussion of issues affecting start-up businesses, selecting the proper entity type, understanding tax implications, setting up an accounting system, and establishing accounting procedures.
Free 1-hour Consultation for New COgro Members
Up to 10% Off the Following:
- Accounting Services
- Tax Preparation and Planning
- Government Contract Accounting Services, Rate Development and Tracking, DCAA-Compliant System Setup
- Payroll Services
- Accounting System Setup
- Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Consultations
OFFICE SUPPLIES AND FURNITURE: Taylor Office Supply
- 118 Third Avenue, Radford VA 24143
- Phone: 540-639-9696 | Fax: 540-639-0685
- Email: email@example.com | firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will provide Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center tenants and employees with across the board absolute lowest pricing plan, augmented further by special pricing on items you use on an everyday continuous basis. Most purchases will fall in the 45-75% off of ‘list’ price.
- We are proud to offer free next day local delivery - in most cases and for most items (some purchases, particularly furniture items, will require longer delivery times), free planning and workspace design services, free assembly and installation of furniture purchased from our sales staff and free available inventory control service all backed by an experienced customer service team always ready to help. Order placement is easy! You can reach us by phone, fax, e-mail, or online. We welcome you to register for an online account and to browse and shop with us soon!
- We offer a very hassle free 'return policy' where most times items are picked up [within a day] by our delivery personnel with credit being issued upon return to our location. Under most normal terms and if item[s] are returned prior to 30 days of initial invoicing there are no restocking fees or return shipping hassles for you the customer.
- 'Try a chair': We feel that pictures of or sitting in a chair for 5-10 minutes won't give a person a true feel for how it will feel after sitting at work for hours on end. Most chairs shown within our catalog are available for customers to try out for 2-3 days so the user can get a true feel of it in their work environment. There is no charge for this service which includes delivery and pick-up if necessary. We deliver the chair on a “on approval” ticket and only actually bill the customer should they decide to keep the chair.
- Please feel free to contact us and one of our knowledgeable representatives will stop by at your convenience to help in any way possible. We have catalogs showing many items along with sample boxes of ‘day-to-day’ supplies ready for you to try.
AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE: Thompson Tire
- James Ealey, main contact
- Phone: 540-382-4928 | Fax: 540-731-5112
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3965 South Main Street, Christiansburg, VA 24073
SWaM Certified → Goodyear National Accounts → State and Federal Price Support → ASE Certified Technicians
For questions regarding the above, please email email@example.com
- In additions to the current tire manufacturer rebate/discount (such as Goodyear, Michelin, Continental and many more) as a VTCRC employee/tenant, you will receive an ADDITIONAL 5% discount. Example: 1st Quarter 2019 Goodyear offered a rebate of up to $300 on a set of 4 select Goodyear brand tires! This will be an additional 5% off!
- VTCRC employees/tenants will receive an AUTOMATIC 10% off mechanical services. *
- In addition to the current customer coupon on our website for a standard, non-synthetic, oil change, as a VTCRC employee/tenant you will receive an ADDITIONAL $2.00 off for a total of $5.00 off a regular oil change or an ADDITIONAL $10.00 off a full synthetic oil change. *
- VTCRC employees/tenants will receive a MONTHLY SPECIAL, not available to the public.
- FREE SHUTTLE will be available for those who need it to and from VTCRC.
- Sponsor at least one of our events or programs, whether physical event or virtual. Levels vary and will be up to TT; possibilities include gift-in-kind in lieu of monies.
- Provide marketing materials to the VTCRC to promote exclusive benefit.
* Offers only available to VTCRC Tenants and Employees for service at Thompson Tire 3965 South Main Street Christiansburg, VA.
* Not valid with any other coupon or discounts, no cash value. See store for complete details. Offers expire June 30, 2021.
HOTELS: Comfort Inn Blacksburg and Courtyard by Marriott Blacksburg
Comfort Inn Blacksburg
- Ron Alcorn, General Manager/Owner
540-951-1500 | Fax: 540-951-1530 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3705 South Main Street, Blacksburg, VA 24060
Courtyard by Marriott Blacksburg
- Thomas Norman
- 105 Southpark Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24060
BOOK YOUR CORPORATE RATE: CLICK HERE
- The hotel agrees to offer VTCRC tenants, employees and company clients a 33% discount at a rate of $99 per night (a savings of $60 per night) and a rate code assigned to VTCRC specific reservations. Front Desk associates will visit www.vtcrc.com/tenant-directory for a current VTCRC tenant list and promote the rate when qualifying the company during business travel reservations.
- Tenants, employees and clients can book their rate online by either entering promotional code VJK at www.Marriott.com or by using this user-friendly link found on the VTCRC Affiliate website where the promotional code is prefilled.
- In addition, we offer discounted packages for VTCRC group meetings. The meeting room rental will be discounted by 50% from daily rental fee. Complimentary Audio Visual (screen, projector, tv) in the meeting space. We serve a complimentary hot breakfast buffet for meeting room events. The breakfast includes eggs, sausage, bacon, biscuits, fruit, oatmeal, coffee and juice. We will offer double meeting planner points on all VTCRC group events.
The Courtyard Blacksburg is very excited to announce the addition of a shuttle van to the property. The 11-passenger van will travel to the VTCRC and to downtown Blacksburg. The shuttle service will allow guests to relax when traveling to meetings or downtown for dinner.
STAFFING AND HUMAN RESOURCES: Siegel Search
- Alec Siegel, Owner
email@example.com | Cell: 540-998-1987
- 1750 Kraft Drive, Suite 1100 @ the VTCRC
- Respond on a priority basis to queries and questions from prospective and current VTCRC tenants.
- Give schedule priority to prospective and current VTCRC tenant projects.
WELLNESS: Carilion Wellness CRC
- Jonathan Bennett, CRC Site Manager
- 1715 Pratt Drive @ the VTCRC
To receive the VTCRC discount, bring the employee verification form to the VTCRC Administrative Office and our staff will sign for you to provide to the Carilion Wellness staff.
20% discount - per month membership
$28 for individual
$40 for household
30% discount - per year membership
$294 for individual
$420 for household
MOVING: Clinton's Transfer & Storage
- Mark Parcell, Director of Sales and Marketing, Relocation Specialist
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540-552-3201
- Brian Graves, Owner, email@example.com
- 1604 Grayland Street, Blacksburg, Virginia 24060
1. Free estimates for any type of move
2. Ten percent discount on office moves
3. Priority scheduling
4. Complimentary used cartons for any scheduled move (based on availability)
5. Professional packing services available for any move
6. Provide marketing material to promote CTS' s exclusive benefit
7. Sponsor at least one of our events or programs, whether physical event or virtual. Levels vary and will be up to CTS; possibilities include gift-in-kind in lieu of monies.