International footprint in consulting, project management and logistics
Alacran is a consulting firm that specializes in management consulting and import/export services. Alacran’s clients are public and private entities that wish to augment their production capabilities or expand their customer base internationally. Alacran meets these requirements through engineering, consulting, logistics and project management services.
Engineering and Consulting services include:
- Import/export of goods, services, and technical information
- Management consulting
- Product design
- Financial and operational modeling
- Market research and analysis
- Navigation of international trade and export regulations, with expertise in ITAR/EAR compliance
- Freight, shipping, and logistics services for dangerous and hazardous goods.
Project Management; turn-key and build-to-order services include:
- Feasibility assessments for start-ups, expansions, and acquisitions
- Project planning, scheduling, and contract management
- Expanding existing manufacturing facilities
- Design, build, and furnish services for new manufacturing facilities
- Establishing new manufacturers
- Management services for complex domestic and international shipments.
When asked about their latest achievements, company president Mr. Ian Heyns said,
“We have dramatically increased our export business in the last year and are continuing to grow opportunities to bring foreign capital to the New River Valley.”
Alacran is currently working on a project that will reduce the environmental impact of manufacturing energetic materials. Stay tuned!
When asked why they chose the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center (VTCRC) as their company hub, Ian Heyns said,
“We chose the VTCRC because it offers the opportunity to collaborate with a variety of other professionals in the NRV.”
To learn more about Alacran: