After Hours Assistance
These procedures relate to VTCRC facility maintenance issues that arise outside of business hours and require prompt action. These are issues that cannot wait until the next business day to be addressed and may include such things as property damage and security concerns. The VTCRC Prompt Response procedures are as follows:
For problems that occur after 5:00 p.m., before 8:00 a.m. or on weekends or holidays and cannot wait until the next working day, call the after-hours VTCRC Prompt Response service provider:
- GJ Hopkins: 540-982-1873
- The Answer Network is always live. Please provide details of the situation to the operator.
- If for some reason no one answers the phone, please leave a message on the answering system.
- After a report is made, a technician will:
- Respond to the situation within 15 minutes.
- Call to evaluate the situation before physically going to the site.
- Failure to follow these guidelines could result in service delays.
For non-emergency requests, please use our online maintenance request system.
All other inquiries may be directed to the VTCRC Administrative Office at 540-961-3600 or to the Facilities Team:
- Eddie Williams: 540-750-1338
Stephen Reeves: 571-330-4359
Chris Ribbe: 540-808-5996
If you need emergency services, please contact the appropriate personnel:
- Fire, Police, and Rescue - emergency: 911
- Town of Blacksburg police: 24 hour non-emergency: 540-961-1150
- Blue Ridge Poison Center: 800-222-1222
- LewisGale Hospital Montgomery: 540-951-1111
- VA State Police: 540-375-9518 or 540-375-9538
- National Response Center for pollution, toxic chemical and oil spills: 800-424-8802
- Virginia Tech Security: 540-231-6411